Your all-in-one BVLOS waiver assistant
What is the RRC?
Regulatory Resource Center (RRC) provides tooling and critical regulatory expertise to successfully apply for BVLOS waivers. RRC services encompass the complete waiver journey end-to-end, improving your operational readiness while optimizing approval outcomes. Iris Automation’s trusted aviation policy specialists have thousands of expert hours assessing operational risk and establishing compliant BVLOS flight operations.
Access to proprietary operational documentation generator library for achieving a complete Concept of Operations (CONOP)
Guided workflow and gap analysis, with notifications throughout the waiver lifecycle
Simplifies and streamlines the process, for novices and experts alike. The RRC structures compliant documentation preparation for a faster time of approval
Mission planning recommendations, including BVLOS capable drone (UAS) platforms, additional risk mitigations, training requirements and more
Planning the Waiver Journey
How to think about achieving BVLOS operations
- 01 | Assessment 25% 25%
Understand your current state of operations. Identify readiness and gaps.
- 02 | Address 50% 50%
Correct operational gaps. Edit or draft documentation. Ensure staffing competency.
- 03 | Initial Waiver 75% 75%
Attain initial waiver, likely with Visual Observers. Develop flight heritage. Improve competencies, including training and operations.
- 04 | Expanded BVLOS 100% 100%
Low-risk BVLOS extension without Visual Observers. Adapted CONOPs with technology-based air risk mitigations.
Select the plan for your operation
Expert aviation policy consulting packages + online services
- Initial organizational assessment of flight department and current state of documentation, pursuant to future BVLOS operations
- Deliverables: gap analysis and recommendation of work needed to get to ‘Application I’. Work required can be purchased in the Foundation package
- Guided enhancement to flight operations documentation (all 6 key manuals and procedures) required for application
- BVLOS flight operation templates
- General operational readiness consultations
- VO-based BVLOS waiver application services and RFI response support
- Options for with Limited Assistance (customer brings their own foundation), or Turn-key Consultation
- Requires customer first complete “Assess”
- Specialized BVLOS waiver application, submitted with Casia technology and any extra risk mitigation required
- Training, testing, data validation included
- Customized package pricing
DIY LIBRARY –
Resource Center portal access to waiver documentation templates, up to 6 months (renewable)
United States FAA part 107 BVLOS, section 44807 and COA waivers
International CAA BVLOS waivers. Generate a country-agnostic safety case
Transport Canada BVLOS Special Flight Operations Certificates (SFOCs)
Connect with our team to fast-track your journey to BVLOS approvals. Please submit the form >